Consultation & quote estimate
Consultation is free, no obligation. I provide an estimate on all jobs based on $80 per hour. Once the estimate is approved and we’ve had a conversation about timings I will commence the work.
- WordPress landing page ($800) (includes 1 year of hosting and, SSL certification, maintenance of premium theme/plug ins/backups) – $300 per year ongoing maintenance/hosting after first year. Back end access available if required.
- Additional pages and integration based on hourly rate – approx $160 – 240 per page based on content.
- Additional costs may include Photoshop, logo creation, copy writing, illustration stock imagery, training and handover for self editing.
- Average sized WordPress websites range from $1500 – $4000 dependent on pages, supplied content and customisation.
- Logo design is variable – Negotiated before commencement (can vary from $160 – $1600) = 3 hours – 20 hours depending on brief.
- Logo Package A is the most common – (based on 5 draft ideas) (up to 5 colour pallets) + 2 amends on final ideas – ($800 includes branding style sheet and supply of up to 5 formats including RGB jpg, RGB png and CMYK eps)
- Logo Package B is my premium service – (based on up to 10 developed ideas) (up to 5 colour pallets) unlimited amend stages until all options and ideas have been explored to satisfaction – ($1600 includes branding style sheet , style guide and supply of up to 10 formats/versions including jpg, png and eps).
- Logo Package C is for someone who knows exactly what they want is is just after a finessed commercial ready version of that idea – (based on 1 draft idea based on a concise brief) (3 colour pallets) + 1 amend on initial idea – ($240 includes supply of 3 recommended formats of jpg, png and eps)
When considering unusually low quotes from other ‘graphic designers’, consider reading this blog first on ‘you get what you pay for’ https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009/06/10-common-mistakes-in-logo-design/
- Business card design with existing logo including 2 amends – $240
- Letterhead design with existing logo including 2 amends – $160
- 4 page brochure design ($800)
- 8 page corporate brochure ($1000)
- Design Software and OSX training – $80 per hour in house. (call out – $5 per km)
- Photo shoot ($160) + call out ($5 per km)
- Animation, Photoshop, Illustrations, ebooks and other unique projects quoted on $80-$120 max per hour based on brief.
If you love my folio but are weighing up a cheaper price from someone else, I’ll see what I can do. Send me any estimate from another experienced designer and I will do my best to match any reasonable price. Forward any competitive estimate to firstname.lastname@example.org with the message ‘can you price match this?’ Nothing to lose, just your preferred designer.
Extras and contingencies
- Website management, backups and hosting ($300 per year)
- Edits to website after handover – ($80 per hour)
- Printing and stock images at retail cost plus 30% markup (this covers such things as risk management, accounting, search and membership costs).
- Client amends and changes to brief and content beyond quote are also charged at $80 per hour.
- SSL certification for existing sites – $80 per hour (average time 1-2 hours)
Other services include:
- Printer liaison and management
- Maintenance of social media
- File conversion
- Copy writing and editing
- PowerPoint design
- Word design
- Basic SEO tweaking
- Adobe Software training
- Video Editing
- Logo Animation
If there is anything here that is required but not listed I can advise on a suitable trusted partner to collaborate.
In a large ad agency my work is charged out at roughly $1600 a day (based on 8 hours). This covers the cost of administration, reception, IT, HR, creative retainers, strategy, traffic, account management, training, pitches, marketing, holidays, sick leave, rent, and staff entertainment.
With Advert ideas you don’t pay for all of these overheads. You still get the expertise of a senior creative designer, but I charge for productive time only at a base rate of $80 per hour. You are briefing me, the same guy that designs and produces your work.
Better communication. Better results!